St. Michael’s Hospital Foundation mobilizes philanthropic support from individuals, foundations and corporations to ensure that the hospital has the research, treatment, equipment and infrastructure it needs to remain at the cutting-edge of medicine.
St. Michael’s Hospital Foundation, through its philanthropic activities, assists St. Michael’s Hospital in attracting the resources required to fulfill and enhance its mission of caring, research and education, as inspired and fostered by the Sisters of St. Joseph.
To this end, the Foundation considers its mandate to be:
- Ensure responsible and ethical management of Foundation resources;
- Identify, in collaboration with the Hospital, immediate and future charitable requirements essential to the maintenance of quality service consistent with the Hospital’s mission and values;
- Seek increased charitable and volunteer support for the Hospital through fundraising and goodwill;
- Develop and strengthen relationships with donors, volunteers, board members, medical and Hospital staff, and with the communities we serve;
- Promote St. Michael’s distinctive achievements and specialties, as well as its future direction, through communications; and
- Pursue a high level of commitment and professional excellence in Foundation activities.
Our vision statement articulates the Foundation’s purpose and connects it to the Hospital’s strategic plan: Inspire greatness through giving